Heavy Metal Toxicity
Heavy metal toxicity is an epidemic today, everyone is toxic with heavy metals and chemicals. You can not escape it, it is everywhere. Mercury, lead, aluminium, cadmium, nickel and even certain minerals such as copper or calcium can become toxic when ingested in high amounts and become bio-unavailable in the body.
These toxic metals and thousands of toxic chemicals that we are exposed to daily overwhelm the liver (our natural detoxification system) which is supposed to be filtering these harmful toxins so that they can be excreted out of the body.
The liver is unable to process the massive amount of toxins and harmful substances that we are exposed to on a daily basis. So what happens to them? They need to go somewhere, if they remained in the blood stream we would die from toxic exposure. The body is smart, it knows exactly what to do in this situation, it will store the heavy metal and chemical toxins away in tissues and cells for safe keeping. This serves a purpose in saving your life, but unfortunately it has other detrimental effects in the form of chronic disease.
Heavy metal and chemical toxins do not co-exist with our biology quietly, when they are stored in cells, and they can be stored anywhere in the body, they damage cells, this results in chronic inflammation and disease. Heavy metal toxicity and chemical toxicity is the underlying cause of the majority of chronic health problems for this reason and in order to completely reverse a chronic health problem a comprehensive detoxification programme is often necessary.
I have personal experience with heavy metal toxicity and have been detoxing heavy metals naturally for 3 years. I will share my protocol for this shortly. As a result of detoxing heavy metals and chemicals I have overcome the following chronic health problems:
- Chronic systemic candida infections
- Parasite infections (parasites are dieing off naturally now after detoxing heavy metals, I have not needed to use anti parasite herbs, zappers or other methods. I will be talking more about how this interesting phenomenon occurs once you detox heavy metals)
- Dry eyes, have improved about 70%
- Fatigue, I no longer wake up feeling like a zombie and I now have endless energy
- Mortons Neuroma in my left foot (I have avoided surgery to have a nerve removed from my foot so far thanks to my detoxification protocol. Scans even showed that the neuroma had shrunk!)
- Brain fog has massively improved and now only flares up occasionally as a “detox symptom”- more on this later.
- My digestion has significantly improved, I can tolerate most foods now that I have eradicated candida and reduced my parasite load. I can even eat fruit!
- Constipation has resolved
Heavy Metals and Candida/Parasite Infections:
Heavy metal toxicity and candida go hand in hand. It has been my experience and is the opinion of many experts that heavy metals are the underlying cause of Candida and Parasite infections and you can’t get rid of chronic candida if you have heavy metal toxicity.
After spending some time on various forums or Facebook groups dedicated to treating candida I witnessed people trying strict candida diets for years, fighting endless battles to kill it with anti-fungals or doing cleanse after cleanse and either NOT getting better, getting worse or getting better but having to stay on strict regimes for years without ever being able to have a single piece of fruit!
I was one of these people, I did the usual round of candida diet for 2 years, months and months of various anti-fungals, high dose probiotics, fermented foods, cleanses and I could not get rid of candida! I had recurrent yeast infections which would return if I cheated on the diet even just once.
After removing the underlying cause of my candida: heavy metals. I am now able to eat as much fruit or carbohydrate as I wish without any return on the dreaded yeast infection or other candida related symptoms such as brain fog.
One theory for why candida and parasites takeover in the presence of heavy metal toxicity is that these infections actually serves a purpose to protect us from cellular damage and potentially fatal complications of heavy metal poisoning. So from this perspective candida and parasites are actually our friends, and although they cause a whole host of annoying symptoms they are actually the lesser of two evils in this sense. Without them we may die from heavy metal poisoning, this may sound drastic but from my research this theory sounds very plausible.
Candida and parasites actually feed on heavy metals, along with sugar and store them within biofilms or within their own organism. When people kill candida with anti-fungals, the die off symptoms that are experienced are partly the result of the release of heavy metals into the body which overwhelms the liver and can not be excreted fast enough.
From my own experience this appears to be true, when I used anti-fungals to kill candida, I experienced the exact same symptoms as when I was detoxing heavy metals.
Heavy Metal Toxicity, How Does it Happen?
The two biggest sources of Mercury are Amalgam fillings and fish. But it is also emitted into the environment by coal-fired power plants. Mercury exists naturally in coal, making coal-fired power plants the largest source of mercury pollution in the USA. Coal accounts for nearly 50 percent of the electricity generated in this country—and almost 50 tons of mercury emissions annually.
Apparently, the largest sources of mercury emissions into our air and water are going all but unnoticed. A new study published in the Journal of Environmental Monitoring has found that mercury in the atmosphere is often ignored as a form of air pollution, especially in urban areas where concentrations can reach dangerously high levels. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has been lax in its enforcement of mercury-pollution standards over the past decade, exempting major polluters.
Mercury is a neurotoxin that has an infinity for fat! it therefore deposits in the brain which is 60% fat and around nerves in the fatty meilin sheaf. It can be stored in any tissue of the body however.
Cadmium is one of the most toxic heavy metals. It is commonly found in cigarette smoke, tap water, coffee, some processed and refined foods such as hydrogenated vegetable oils and margarine. It is also used in brake linings of cars, trains, airplanes and eventually wears off into the air, adding millions of pounds of cadmium compounds to the environment each year. We breathe these cadmium molecules in causing toxicity and chronic disease.
The popularity of hybrid and genetically engineered products such as wheat and soy has also led to cadmium toxicity. This is another reason not to eat to wheat! Due to the processing of wheat these days it is very low in zinc, chromium and selenium. This leads to a deficiency in these minerals, when the body is deficient in certain minerals it will absorb more toxic metals in the gastrointestinal tract, this happens with all toxic metals.
Toxic metals replace healthy minerals in enzyme binding sites within cells and will be used by the body for biochemical function when it does not have enough healthy minerals to do the job. This is a problem because the toxic metals do not work nearly as well as minerals, and therefore cells loose optimal function, the organ or part of the body does not function well and chronic disease occurs. Toxic metals therefore need to be replaced with healthful minerals in order to restore proper organ function.
Cadmium is extremely toxic, with acceptable levels one tenth that of most of the other toxic metals. Its effects are many, but it mainly affects the kidneys, the cardiovascular system, and is related to cancer. It also ages the skin and contributes to many mental illnesses, particularly violence and other related disorders of behavior and mental attitude.
Lead is highly toxic and is often called the death mineral because of its deadly nature. Sources of lead include leaded petrol, lead-based paints, contaminated drinking water which has been filtered through lead pipes, ceramic glazes, food contaminated with lead from the soil or pesticide use.
As with all heavy metal and chemical toxins lead is passed through the placenta from the mother to the baby, so most people are born with high levels of heavy metals in their bodies.
The western diet is deficient in magnesium, a healthful mineral, which is needed for over 300 enzyme reactions in the body, this leads to increased absorption of lead in the gastrointestinal tract and lead toxicity.
Lead replaces calcium in the bones, weakening them, leading to osteoporosis. It is also stored in the brain, replacing calcium and magnesium and can cause dementia, anti-social behaviour, autism and mental illness.
Lead also causes chronic fatigue by inhibiting certain enzymes in the Krebs cycle which is where energy is made.
Dr Lawrence Wilson, an expert on heavy metal toxicity and detoxification has performed over 40,000 hair mineral analysis tests on clients and states that: ”Hair mineral testing reveals that everyone today is poisoned with aluminium, to some degree”.
Top sources of aluminium include:
- Drinking water, in the USA aluminium is added to drinking water to remove dirt
- Table salt. Aluminium is added as an anti-caking ingredient
- Any food product which contains added salt
- Deodorants: these contain aluminium as it is a nerve toxin which prevents sweating. These deodorants play a large role in breast cancer because aluminium absorbs into the lymph glands under the arms and deposits in the breasts leading to breast cancer!
- Vaccines and flu shots. Aluminium is added as a preservative. Along with mercury which is also added, these toxins play a role in ”triggering” the onset of autism in children. Many parents report that their child was a normal and healthy right up to until the MMR vaccination which contains a triple dose of mercury and aluminium. Research is now showing that this is no coincidence!
- Aluminium pots and pans. Aluminium leaches out of pans easily and into our food, this is made worse when cooking acidic foods such as tomato sauces
- Tinned food for the same reason as above, aluminium will leach into food, particularly if the food is acidic in nature.
- Cosmetics often contain aluminium which will absorb into the skin and then into the blood stream and stored in tissues and cells. Not to mention all the chemical toxins that cosmetics, lotions, shampoos and so on contain! The average women walks out of the house every morning wearing 200 chemicals. I use all natural products sourced from my local high food store, so I no longer come under this statistic.
This is a short list, there are many other heavy metals and 1000s of chemicals in the environment that everyone is exposed to and contribute to ill health.
A hair mineral analysis test revealed that during my detox programme I have dumped (or am detoxing) aluminium, lead and bio-unavailable copper. I continue to detox heavy metals naturally every day and it has been the key to my recovery from the above health problems and my continued improvement with health issues that still remain.
If you have tried everything, medical and natural and still suffer from chronic health problems or chronic candida infections then heavy metal toxicity is the most likely reason as to why you are not getting better and regaining your health.